Why hire a digital marketing agency?
In the end it all boils down to clients having a problem that needs outside help to solve.
From outsourcing all your marketing, to running specific campaigns, to building & maintaining great websites, clients place faith in an agency to deliver ROI – better than you could do on your own.
We’ve identified 12 of the top problems that clients bring to us here at WebMarketers. In this article we’ll give you a rundown of those problems as well as some of the solutions we deliver.
12 Reasons Why Clients Hire an Agency
Nearly all our clients have come to us with one or more of these common problems, looking for us to:
- help them rank higher in google
- put ads in front of their target clients
- get them more leads
- build a website that converts traffic into leads (optimized with calls to action; plus live chat, chat bot, etc.)
- execute updates & fixes for their existing website
- set up & monitor analytics
- give strategic advice about how digital marketing can be used to grow their business
- fix reputation issues, bad reviews, etc.
- learn more about their competitors, and what they can do to stand out
- provide 24/7 support and peace of mind
- fix mistake(s) made by their staff and/or previous agencies
- offer a second opinion, perform an audit of their existing digital marketing; and deliver fresh, new ideas
For every one of these problems (time-tested challenges faced by many people like you) – there’s a solution that a qualified & experienced agency can provide.
1 – “Get Me Higher on Google!”
Our clients come to us for SEO work because they’re frustrated with the amount (or lack) of traffic they’re getting – which they attribute to low rankings (for the rankings they find important).
If you’ve found yourself trying to chase down some of the 200+ Google ranking factors, you’re not alone.
We’ve found that there are a handful of ranking factors that are worth most of your focus.
- no basic consideration for titles and meta descriptions
- no back links
- poor google my business setup
- poor site content
- non-engaging content on site
- not mobile friendly, not https
- no reviews
- website lacks any recent updates or changes
These are all problems we can fix.
Whether you’re a business owner or a marketing manager, an agency can help you with the ever-changing SEO rules & ranking factors.
We’ll deliver a keyword strategy that will attract the right visitors to your site – visitors who are the most likely to turn into leads.
2 – Running Successful Facebook & Google Ad Campaigns
Ad campaigns are a complex environment that can be tricky to navigate. There are a lot of decisions to be made – and simple mistakes can be costly.
- Where should you be running ads, Google or Facebook?
- Or do you need both?
- And why?
Google Ads is a great way to reach people with intent to buy – they’re already searching for something they need.
Facebook is better for mass exposure, impressions and brand building – for products or services that people want.
Google is more immediate, whereas Facebook is less time sensitive.
A good agency will help you figure out which is right for you, and they’ll create ad copy and landing pages that convert. Those are the 3 ingredients for success in running ad campaigns.
What are some of the typical ad problems that clients bring to an agency?
- not targeting enough keywords
- poor ad copy
- no dynamic ads
- using the basic ‘Smart Campaigns’ and missing out on necessary features
- no conversion tracking in place
- no ad extensions
- lack of landing pages that align with the purpose of campaign
All these lead to low conversion rates.
A good agency can help you turn that around.
Skittish about the investment?
Any good agency will more than make up for the cost of hiring them by increasing performance and profitability for you.
What’s more, they’ll save you the time and stress of managing campaigns yourself – freeing you up to do what you do best.
At WebMarketers, we start by knowing what to expect. Based on our experience in similar campaigns, we can gauge the Cost Per Click and the Conversion Rates before starting a campaign.
3 – “I Need More Leads!”
Someone going to an agency in pursuit of more leads probably falls into one of two categories:
- Either they don’t know whether they need more traffic or more conversions, or
- Their website is getting traffic, but its poor design isn’t leading to conversions
“What would it look like at the end of the campaign?” We’ll ask. “What would a successful result be for you?”
The answer is something like, “more leads.”
Then we’d follow up by looking at your analytics. We’ll pay close attention to traffic and how visitors interact with your site.
The traffic might be just fine. Maybe your current ads are driving plenty of visitors to your website.
But maybe your site is coming up short, not aligning with what visitors are looking for.
We see the opposite scenario as well, a client asking an agency to build a new website when it’s their traffic that’s the real problem.
At WebMarketers we analyze all the important factors before taking on a new project.
Our experience lets us start with a pretty good idea of what the end result will look like. That’s how we get you more leads.
4 – Build a New Website
Most of the time when we’re tasked with building a new website, it’s because the client has an existing site that’s taken them as far as it can go.
Sometimes it’s a new site for a new business. If that’s you? Kudos! You’re making the right call by launching your business with a team of pros handling your digital marketing.
But back to the existing sites.
- Maybe you’ve got a “DIY” kind of site… you know the ones that offer an ‘off the shelf’ solution… Wix, Squarespace and the like… they’ll get you off the ground, but eventually you’ll run out of real estate.
- Or maybe you’ve got a website designed by a previous agency. They didn’t grow with the times, and neither has your site.
It’s time to start with a clean sheet.
Make sure the agency you hire isn’t just selling you a cookie-cutter product, that they’re not stamping out another generic site with no regard for your business or your customers.
It’s your investment, after all. You deserve a customized website that’s tailored to your needs and will grow as your business grows.
5 – Tweaks & Updates to an Existing Site
Building a new site isn’t always the answer.
You might have the framework of a decent site that just needs some changes to make it better.
- A lot of clients need someone with professional design & development capability to overcome the off the shelf solutions & workarounds that they may have been leveraging to date
- Sometimes clients come to us asking for a new website, but it turns out all they really need are some modifications to their existing site
In addition to revamping some of the page designs, there are other functionalities we can add to your site. These include:
- CRM integration
- Auto responders
- Custom intake forms
… and much more.
Sometimes the simplest things that don’t cost a lot can make all the difference
6 – Are You Getting the Most out of Analytics?
The initial setup for Google Analytics may seem easy enough.
But getting proper conversion tracking – which lets you know where your leads are coming from – is more difficult.
Effective conversion tracking involves identifying which goals are the ones that matter (the ones that send you quality traffic), such as:
- Filling out a contact form
- Creating an account
- Signing up for your newsletter
- Signing up for a trial
- Downloading an eBook or white paper
And it’s not just that. It’s also knowing how those leads reached you & how they interacted with your site (time spent, pages visited, etc.).
This is the only real way to understand where value is coming from so you can spend more on what works and less on what doesn’t.
7 – Strategic Advice
You might have a marketing manager on staff. Or maybe you’re a business owner who’s pretty confident handling marketing on your own.
You might not need the full services of an agency at this stage.
But there are times when taking that next step forward might feel a little daunting.
That’s where an agency can help.
We’ll work with you to take something that’s working fine – and turn it into to something that’s working great.
From analyzing large amounts of data to fine-tuning the detailed elements of digital marketing, we can cover the gaps that your team might not have the bandwidth for.
8 – Reputation Management
Are you concerned about your online reputation?
Customers are leaving you reviews and rating your services. That can have a huge impact on your business – both in how other customers see you when they’re searching, and how Google sees your business and ranks you accordingly.
- Want to know how to get more reviews online?
- Want to know how to fix poor review scores?
- Need guidance on which platforms matter most?
- Need strategic advice on how to get customers to actually leave reviews?
An agency can help with all that – and more.
9 – Analyzing the Competition
In the world of digital marketing, what your competitors are doing matters just as much as what you’re doing.
Take a look at how your competition ranks versus how you rank.
- Are you losing traffic to competing services?
- Who’s getting that traffic now and why?
- How can you do more of what they’re doing?
As a data-driven digital agency, this is one of our core strengths.
We start with an overview of your category, measuring market size and looking at how the competition is positioned.
Then we’ll give you an idea of where you stand vs. your competitors.
After providing these and other insights, we’ll reverse-engineer what your competitors are doing – and how they’re doing it.
That’s how we formulate & execute the strategy to get you more traffic.
10 – Support & Peace of Mind
Websites require frequent updates and changes to stay up and running smoothly.
You need a team that’s qualified & on the ball, so that you can continue running & growing your business.
From maintaining security to email configuration to monitoring for downtime and more, having a qualified agency in charge of your day-to-day site support gives you peace of mind.
11 – Undo the Damage Done by an Agency (or In-House Team)
Reputation management isn’t the only kind of damage control we do.
One of the problems clients come to us with us involves mistakes that were made by their current or previous agency – or their own staff.
Some examples of mistakes are:
- Releasing a new site without important elements in place, e.g. redirects, indexing, etc.
- Designing & developing new sites that look sexy but lack real content or conversion potential
- Over-additions of content & sections that don’t have continuity & just cost you time & money
- Leveraging old school SEO tactics that are now considered black hat
The good news is that all these can be fixed.
12 – Second Opinion, New Ideas
There are times when you’re in the trenches, executing the game plan and doing seemingly everything within your control to drive results – and you’re just not sure what to do next.
That’s when it helps to have a fresh set of eyes.
An agency can look at your existing strategy and give you a much-needed second opinion.
We can work in tandem with that strategy but provide a different angle, a level of expertise from the POV of an experienced digital marketing agency that’s been down this road before.
Or we can work with you to develop new strategies.
What Can A Digital Marketing Agency Do for You?
At the end of the day, it’s all about growing your business and driving your profits.
All the problems we’ve talked about in this article come back to getting you quality traffic & leads.
WebMarketers is solely focused on getting you return on your investment in digital marketing. We use data-driven methods to start with the end result in mind. And we have a solid record of delivering those results.
Talk to WebMarketers today. Find out how we can help you reach your digital marketing goals.