Is your company leveraging the broad and powerful capabilities of Facebook Messenger to deliver content and engage with your audience?
Have you ever thought about doing a marketing campaign via Messenger?
At WebMarketers, we’ve carried out a number of successful Messenger marketing campaigns. In this article we’ll showcase one of those successes, and we’ll talk about how this can translate to a successful Messenger marketing campaign for you.
How We Used Messenger to Recruit High-Quality Talent for Our Client: Expertel
Expertel is a client of ours located in the Philippines. They are a dynamic and expanding call centre operation, and they approached us looking for a way to find the best talent out there – without breaking the bank.
After listening to the client’s unique set of goals and constraints, we chose Messenger marketing as the best option for this recruiting campaign.
Why a Messenger Marketing Campaign?
Messenger allowed us to tap into a direct means for potential candidates to apply for the position; and for Expertel to ensure that all qualifying questions were answered before taking it to the next step in contacting the right candidates.
Let’s examine the specific steps in the campaign execution.
- We ran a Facebook Ads campaign on behalf of Expertel to reach a target audience in the Philippines that would be most likely to be looking for employment in this field
- Those who clicked on the ad were engaged in a chat via Messenger (a logical and useful step, as it does not make them go to a third-party website),
- The questions were pre-formatted based on what Expertel determined to be the best qualifying criteria to narrow down the candidate selection process
- Users were able to choose answers to the application questions (and type out the open-ended answers); as well as to provide their preferred form of communication so that the Expertel recruitment agent could contact the eligible candidates
- As it was a user-friendly means of data collection, Expertel received many applications
- All data from each application was stored in a Google Sheets form, and was filled out in real time from the answers selected in messenger
The beauty of this is that it’s an entirely automated process. Expertel did not need to spend any of their valuable time in the initial stages, only needing their management to become involved when it was time to contact the right candidates with whom they’d conduct interviews.
The Results of the Campaign: Low Cost Per Conversion, Valuable Time Freed Up
Expertel were extremely pleased with the results of this campaign.
The Advantages for the Client: Less Time & Effort, Lower Cost
We found our client a way to conduct the initial stages of the hiring process with minimal time and effort required from their end. For a service business with low margins, this is huge.
What’s more, this simple, quick application process yielded more applicants, while the poignant questions allowed the recruiter to narrow down the list to the best-suited candidates for the vacancies in a smooth and reliable process.
The resulting data collected in the spreadsheet also allows for better follow-up tracking.
The recruiter can now contact all applicants from this campaign at once, e.g. to inform them that all positions have been filled; notify them of future job openings, etc.
Additional Marketing Advantages
Future contact with the current group of prospects will be done as “warm leads,” because the candidates are now categorized as having been interested in the positions that were previously available.
And with this set of data that was collected during the campaign, we’re able to import into Facebook Ads to create lookalike audience and remarketing campaigns.
That means that future campaigns are likely to be even more successful!
How Can Your Business Benefit from Messenger Marketing Campaigns?
Based on the success of the Expertel campaign and several others we’ve conducted with similar processes and results, you might imagine that there could be a world of possibilities for your business when it comes to Messenger marketing.
And you would be correct!
Some of the many benefits to your company or organization would include:
- Updating your loyal customer base with content regarding sales, promotions and/or events
- Conducting sales within Messenger while allowing your customers to feel safe by using a trusted platform such as Facebook Messenger (with Stripe integration)
- Asking your customer base questions to help you improve your business, while making them feel like their voice matters
- Answering day-to-day questions that your business receives, so you can simply provide your customers with the right information without having to take much time out of your day
- Weeding out the lookie-loos from the real customers
- Allowing customers to provide details regarding their specific inquiry and/or to receive a quote from your business
Once the customer engages in the chat, you can then message anything to them because they are “subscribed” to your business on the Messenger platform.
That’s why Messenger has an open rate of 70-80%!
Compare that to a 20% open-rate on email marketing, and you can see that Messenger is a viable and valuable platform where you should be focusing some of your marketing efforts.
How WebMarketers Makes a Difference
Success in campaigns aren’t a one-off or isolated phenomenon for us here at WebMarketers. Quite the contrary!
We’ve served hundreds of clients with their digital marketing efforts over the years, helping them grow their businesses by generating traffic, leads and revenue.
One of the areas in which we take great pride is our ability to stay on the cutting edge of digital marketing by staying current with – or out ahead of – the latest trends and developments. That’s how we were able to identify opportunities in Messenger marketing early on in its existence.
What kind of success can WebMarketers achieve for your business?
Contact us today to find out!