Scott McIlroy’s Bio
Scott loved sports when he was young. He’d spend hours in the driveway and parks, honing his skills. Growing up, it hit Scott — he wasn’t just passionate about sports, he was passionate about learning — putting in the work and seeing progress and success. Scott applies this mindset to everything important to him. Through success and failure, Scott has learned to value lifelong learning so that he can always be his best. Oh, and he still loves sports.
- Mental performance consulting
- Canada Pension Plan and Disability, administrative support for the medical expertise division providing service to Canadians needing disability benefits
- Sports stores – Sport Check and Sport Experts
- Ottawa Recreational Skating School teaching youth and adults the fundamentals of ice skating in a interactive and fun environment
Q & A with Scott
What are some of your hobbies?
· Martial Arts
· Gaming (Fortnite)
· World History – anthropology
Where would somebody typically find you on a weekend?
· On my computer reading or gaming
· Spending time with friends playing sports
· Providing mental performance consulting to athletes
· Outside soaking up the sun
· At an arena coaching / teaching competitive hockey
Any credentials or achievements you'd like folks to know about?
· Bachelors Degree in Communication Studies
· Master’s of Human Kinetics with a Concentration in Intervention and Consultation
· Student Member of the Canadian Sport Psychology Association